Why MSM May Be The Best Supplement You Will Ever Take!
So you may be thinking, what is MSM?
MSM is an abbreviation for Methyl-Sulphonyl-Methane which is a pure, organic sulphur compound.
Not surprisingly, sulphur is a major compound found in the human body (3rd largest nutrient) and is also found in many foods that we consume.
There are a myriad of reasons why you need to be taking MSM, not to mention joint health and improved flexibility, as an antioxidant booster, anti-aging and energy booster (it is found in over 150 compounds in our body with Sulphur components in every part of our cells).
As always though you must remember that health and wellness needs to be treated from a holistic perspective and although MSM is extremely important to your health and wellness, there are other things you need to be doing to ensure it compliments adding MSM into your daily health regimen, for long term health and wellness.
Sulphur is becoming more widely acknowledged as a key nutrient without which many aspects of our bodies do not function correctly. Additionally, most of us are not getting enough Sulphur in our diet, so a supplement like MSM becomes a critical part of your daily nutrition.
- We all have toxins in our bodies and Sulphur acts as a detox, ridding the body of toxins including heavy metals, which are becoming a real problem in our modern society. Sulphur has a role in the production of one of the most powerful antioxidants in our body, Glutathione. Without Sulphur, Glutathione cannot do its job, therefore, MSM assists the body’s ability to make its own antioxidants.
- Inflammation is one of the biggest issues facing the modern day human and has been recognised as a contributing factor in the development of cancer and degenerative disease. Sulphur acts as an anti-inflammatory.
- MSM is known to increase the ratio between reduced glutathione and oxidative glutathione, meaning that with a greater amount of reduced glutathione, the body can deal more effectively with oxidative stress from free radicals.
Here are 5 ways that MSM can be of benefit to your body & overall health & wellness.
- Bone/Joint Health
It is recognised the MSM does improve flexibility in the joints as well as improving conditions like arthritis, osteo arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. It also contains calcium phosphate which not only has nutritional value, but helps to breakdown calcium deposits in the body that cause health issues including degenerative disease.
- Important Source of Sulphur
As mentioned above, MSM is a key provider of Sulphur to our bodies which assists in the production of antioxidants and reduction of inflammation. Additionally, it is present in our amino acids which are the building blocks of protein.
- MSM Can Detoxify
Again, we have already mentioned the benefit of taking MSM to detoxify your body. More specifically, it increases the permeability of your cells, which has a two-fold effect:
- Better chance to cleanse the body of toxins
- Improved capacity for your body to intake more nutrients
This leads to the improved function of your cell membranes.
- Radiant Skin, Nails & Hair
MSM contains collagen and keratin and this means better skin, nails and hair. Why is this?
Keratin is a fibrous structural protein and as such is the key structural material that makes up hair, nails and the outer layer of human skin.
Collagen apart from being the major component of connective tissues that make up the skin also does the same for tendons, ligaments and muscles. It can also strengthen your bones.
Here are a number of conditions that MSM can help with:
- Energy Multiplier
Because MSM increases the permeability of our cells, the cells require less energy to repel toxins. Add to this the fact that with less toxicity, the body can absorb more nutrients and requires less energy to digest the food. All very logical and straight forward really.
In conclusion, our bodies need MSM so that we can produce Glutathione which is a very powerful antioxidant that enables the expulsion of toxins including heavy metals. It is also an anti-inflammatory and can help with better skin, nails and hair, because of the keratin and collagen found in it. Add to that, the capacity for MSM to boost your energy and you have a powerful supplement that will have a positive impact on your health and wellness.